Terms & Conditions
By booking any event (workshop, retreat or tour) through this website and paying a deposit you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. By accepting your booking and deposit, we agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each workshop, retreat, tour or other events description is required at the time of booking.
2. The balance of the tour/retreat price is due 3 months prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 3 months or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing, emails are acceptable.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
8 weeks or less before the retreat: a 100% charge
12 weeks or less: a 75% charge
16 weeks or less: a 50% charge
More than 16 weeks: a 25% charge
We will not refund your fee if you are unable to attend: even if we fill the place. We strongly recommend you have travel insurance in place to cover all eventualities where you may be unable to join us.
PLEASE NOTE; See clause 14 below regarding travel insurance.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us. Please do not make any other travel bookings until you have had this email confirmation from us. If we are unable to confirm the booking, even though you have had an email confirming your payment, we will not be liable for any other costs you have incurred. We will refund in full your deposit payment. This is because rarely multiple bookings are placed through the website outsell a workshop before the bookings can be closed.
5. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any tour or retreat. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative tour or retreat (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us.
6. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a retreat is not met, and if we have to cancel a retreat for this reason, we will not do so less than 14 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader may be provided. If this is not possible, then the tour or retreat will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars of a tour or retreat at any time before we enter into a contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such a contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. The type of tours and retreats we offer require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason, the outline itinerary and tour/retreats description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour or retreat, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
11. It is the guest’s responsibility to inform us of any injury/medical condition when booking and before the start of each retreat. We do not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger. We will not accept liability for loss or damage to any of your personal belongings, including but not limited to camera and computer equipment, peripherals, mobile phones, baggage, clothing, documents, monies, credit cards, travel documents and so on. See clause 14 below.
12. The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.
13. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the retreat leader thus giving the retreat leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the tour or retreat.
14. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the tour or retreat (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour or retreat (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas tours), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
15. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
16. Bookings for anyone under 18 years of age must be made by their parent or legal guardian. No one under 16 years of age may join a retreat with us, except by special arrangement with and being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who needs to pay the full retreat fee themselves also.
17. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrive at locations at the arranged time and with the appropriate equipment, footwear and clothing. The customer needs to be healthy enough to participate in the retreat. If the customer’s vehicle breaks down, his/her transport arrangements fail for any reason or if the customer fails to arrive at a destination for any reason whatsoever the retreat must proceed without them for the benefit of the other paying customers.
18. The weather is out of our control. In poor weather, every effort will be made to find a suitable location to continue the retreat or to take a break until it passes.
19. If I offer my own equipment to you on loan on a retreat it is not covered by my insurance. By accepting the loan of the equipment, if it is damaged (however minor the damage) or stolen, you promise to pay immediately its full new replacement value direct to me so I can replace the item or items from a supplier of my choice who has the item or items in stock to ensure I can continue to pursue my business. If the item is no longer manufactured this clause applies to the latest new item from the manufacturer even if the value of this item is considerably higher.
20. We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
21. It is this copy of our terms and conditions on the website which is current, in force and to which you and we are bound. All other copies in any other format and location are not binding.
22. By making a booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. Any person making a booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included in it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
23. Privacy: Soraya Photography will store the Client’s details on a private internal database. These details will not be made available to companies or individuals outwith Soraya Photography.